If you’re wondering when you can cruise again, it might be sooner than you think! As the coronavirus becomes more contained, cruise lines are releasing new vigorous safety and sanitation protocols to protect passengers and crew. Due to the generous amount of space & limited number of guests aboard our cruise line partner’s ultra-luxury ships, it is relatively easy for them to assure physical, but not social, distancing. Guests will still be able to meet other like-minded passengers and share a wonderful culinary & wine experience together… at a bigger table than usual.
New safety and sanitation protocols including temperature checks at embarkation, new air filtration systems, dedicated sanitation staff, enhanced food service, entertainment and social distancing measures ensure you will be in excellent hands as they do everything possible to keep you healthy on their small 5-star ships. Ashore, excursion options will be pre-screened for sanitation, plus reduced capacity on tour buses and social distancing offer you the ability to explore each destination without worry.
In addition, cruise lines are offering new insurance and cancellation policies to get you back aboard with confidence that your vacation investment will be protected.
- Crystal’s Book with Confidence Program (2020 Sailings): Effective June 8, 2020, Crystal has established a temporary cancellation policy to provide more flexibility for our guests traveling aboard our Ocean, River & Yacht experiences:
- Cancel up to 7 days prior to first service and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for cruise monies paid
- Applicable to new bookings made on Ocean, River and Yacht
- Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is redeemable on cruises through the end of 2023
- Crystal’s Voyage Assurance (November, 2020 – April, 2021 Sailings): For new and existing bookings from November 2020 through April 2021 aboard Crystal Symphony and select departures from October 2020 through April 2021 aboard Crystal Serenity,Crystal Voyage Assurance offers guests the opportunity to cancel their cruise for a full refund within seven days of being notified of itinerary changes.
- Silversea’s Cruise with Confidence Program (2020 Sailings): Cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure on any 2020 voyage & receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).
- AmaWaterways Travel Waiver Plus: Guests with new or existing reservations may purchase AmaWaterways Travel Waiver Plus at any time before Dec 31, 2020 (usually only offered at time of deposit). With this waiver, guests may cancel for any reason up to 24 hours prior to the start of their AmaWaterways booked services (cruise, pre-cruise land extensions, air etc) and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC).
As specifics as released from our cruise line partners, you will find more information here on our MillenniuM Travel blog. Stay tuned & rest assured that your favorite travel team will keep you informed.