Designed specifically to glide through the shallow seas of the South Pacific, The Gauguin is the flagship of Paul Gauguin Cruises and a small-ship cruiser’s dream. She delivers travelers to intimate ports inaccessible to larger cruise ships, all the while providing an onboard experience that is nothing short of luxurious. Guests aboard our luxury cruises enjoy spacious suites & staterooms (more than 70% with private balconies), an onboard watersports marina, 3 dining venues, an extensive spa, and five-star service. Life onboard also reflects the beauty and rich cultural heritage of the islands she calls upon, with a warm, friendly feel, informal setting, and even a beloved troupe of Gauguines & Gauguins—local Tahitians who serve as cruise staff, entertainers, and storytellers. View our A Taste of Life sailings aboard Paul Gauguin here.
Paul Gauguin Cruises is proud to offer an extraordinary value in luxury cruising, thanks to our all-inclusive pricing. Spend more time enjoying your cruise vacation and less time worrying about every little detail when it’s all been taken care of—from gourmet dining, included airfare, complimentary beverages (including wine, beer & spirits), to onboard gratuities, and so much more.
Nearly 70% of suites and staterooms have private balconies, and all feature an ocean view, temperature control, queen-size bed, bathroom with full-size bathtub and shower, bathrobes, slippers, hair dryer, TV, CD/DVD player, personal safe, refrigerator stocked with soft drinks, and more. Select staterooms can accommodate three guests.
The waters of French Polynesia and the South Pacific offer a world of wonders with translucent lagoons, rainbow-colored coral reefs, and a myriad of tropical fish. A highlight of the Paul Gauguin Cruises’ experience is watersports and we offer many opportunities to explore these seas.
During every meal onboard The Gauguin, with every sumptuous bit you sample, and each time our attentive staff fill your glass, you’ll begin to realize that dining on the high seas with Paul Gauguin Cruises is truly something special. Embark upon a five-star culinary adventure, designed just for you by some of the world’s most talented and award-winning chefs, including Jean-Pierre Vigato. What’s more, every one of our onboard dining options is included in your cruise fare. Bon appétit!
On our ship, every day (and night!) brings new and exciting opportunities for entertainment and enrichment. On every voyage of The Gauguin, we’re accompanied by our own troupe of Tahitian hosts and entertainers that bring the spirit of Polynesia to life. Enjoy a retelling of ancestral legends through dance, delight in traditional songs onboard and on our private motu, and learn local handicrafts during hands-on demonstrations. In addition, on every voyage we invite local performers onboard to entertain you.
Spa & Fitness
Treat yourself to a little “me time,” whether that’s an indulgent treatment at our award-winning onboard spa, or a workout in our fitness center. The spa onboard The Gauguin combines the art of gentle pampering with services that are uniquely tailored to the needs and wishes of each individual. Our convenient fitness center is outfitted with the latest fitness equipment. Other onboard fitness opportunities a not to miss Polynesian-inspired Zumba class!
Paul Gauguin Cruises is proud to offer an extraordinary value in luxury cruising, thanks to our all-inclusive pricing. Spend more time enjoying your cruise vacation and less time worrying about every little detail when it’s all been taken care of—from gourmet dining to onboard gratuities, and so much more.
When you travel on board The Gauguin, you’ll enjoy:
- Roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles or San Francisco*
- Roundtrip airport/pier transfers*
- All shipboard meals, in your choice of venues
- Complimentary 24-hour room service
- Complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beers, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages served throughout the ship
- Butler-service, in-suite bar setup, and iPod® music system in suite/stateroom category B and above
- In-room refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer, and bottled water
- All shipboard entertainment, including our troupe of Polynesian performers and live music in the evenings
- Presentations by onboard experts, and select sailings feature guest hosts
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards, dining and bar staff
- Watersports, including complimentary kayaking and paddleboarding from our marina or destination beaches
- Use of our secluded, white-sand beach in Bora Bora with bar service, volleyball, and snorkeling (on select voyages)
- A day on our private islet, Motu Mahana, off the coast of Taha’a, featuring snorkeling, watersports, a barbecue, full bar service, and Polynesian hospitality (on select voyages)
*Unless pricing specifically states it is cruise-only.
- All oceanview accommodations, nearly 70% with balconies, measuring from 200 to 500 sq. ft., including balcony
- A choice of three dining venues
- Full entertainment program including Polynesian artists, musical entertainment, a pianist, and a professionally operated casino with slot machines
- Spa and beauty services, including hand and foot treatments, body treatments, facials, and spa programs
- Optional PADI Scuba Diving Program
- Watersports marina for complimentary kayaking and paddleboarding, and Zodiacs® for optional dive excursions
- Fully-equipped fitness center
- Presentations by local naturalists and a variety of special guests
- Spacious outdoor decks and pool
- La Boutique duty-free shop
- Book library (open 24 hours a day)
- Wi-Fi hot spots throughout the ship to cover most suites/staterooms and common areas, as well as guest-accessible computers, available 24 hours a day for a nominal fee
- Laundry services available
- Certified medical services
- 166 suites/staterooms on Decks 3-8, including one wheelchair-accessible stateroom and select staterooms that can accommodate three guests