General Terms & Conditions
The below Terms & Conditions are general. For specific A Taste of Life sailing Terms & Conditions please refer to your specific A Taste of Life voyage & contact us if you have any questions. CST# 1005871-40.
*Guests wishing to participate in all of our A TASTE OF LIFE hosted events aboard must book through MillenniuM Travel. Guests booking elsewhere, including directly with the cruise line will not be included in all A TASTE OF LIFE events. MillenniuM Travel fares are per person & based on double occupancy in US Dollars. Fares will increase as the ship fills. Pricing shown does not promise category availability at time of booking. Our A Taste of Life hosts are not agents for the cruise line or Millennium Travel and are not responsible for reservations, service or activities provided to the cruise/tour participant. Minimum number of guests required for host participation on our A Taste of Life sailings & trips. MillenniuM Travel reserves the right to cancel any program before final cruise payment if such minimum is not achieved by the host. Should cancellation occur, MillenniuM Travel will issue you a refund, less any applicable administrative fees from the cruise line as agreed to in your Passenger Contract by the cruise line. Guests are encouraged to wait to make airline reservations until after final cruise payment to avoid any cancellation penalties. Hosts may choose to withdraw from hosting A Taste of Life sailing and any applicable activities surrounding the voyage such as excursions or pre and post cruise programs at any time without notice due to unforeseen circumstances (this is extremely rare & usually only due to emergencies). While MillenniuM Travel facilitates your reservation, guests are subject to all terms and conditions of the cruise line including but not limited to non-refundable administrative fees, cancellation penalties, and the passenger contract of the cruise line. MillenniuM Travel & the cruise line reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and change any and all fares, fees, promotions and programs at any time without notice including substitution of hosts. All arrangements for transport, accommodations and services are made upon the condition that MillenniuM Travel shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damage, injury, loss, delay or omission beyond their control, including without limitation any act of negligence, unforeseeable occurrence, or breach of contract by the host or any third party such as airlines, cruise lines, hotels, restaurants, ground handlers, etc. who supply any goods or services for the program. Travel Insurance is highly recommended for your cruise & all portions of your travel including air, transfers, touring & more; please contact our team for quotes. CST# 1005871-40.
Cruise Line Terms & Conditions
While MillenniuM Travel facilitates your reservation, guests are subject to all terms and conditions of the cruise line including but not limited to non-refundable administrative fees, cancellation penalties, and the passenger contract of the cruise line. More information on each of our partnered cruise line’s Terms & Conditions follow:
- Silversea’s Terms & Conditions
- Crystal Cruises’ Terms & Conditions
- AMAWaterways Terms & Conditions
- SeaDream Yacht Club’s Terms & Conditions
- Paul Gauguin Terms & Conditions
- Seabourn Terms & Conditions
Due to Covid-19 the cruise line’s general cancellation policy shall serve for reference purposes only. Actual penalty amount will be assessed at the time of the cancellation and may differ from the general policy. In response to ongoing health concerns, the cruise line has undertaken enhanced health and safety measures in an effort to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID19 and protect both our guests and crew members. Please carefully review and follow all posted instructions while boarding, onboard, and during your off ship excursions. Despite these measures, you should be aware that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID19 and other contagious diseases in any public place where people are in close proximity. As a result, MillenniuM Travel, A Taste of Life hosts, and the cruise line cannot guarantee that you will not become exposed to or infected with COVID19 or any other contagious disease at any stage of your trip including but not limited to air, transfers, while aboard ship, or any other portion during your travel. By choosing to travel, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID 19 or any other contagious disease.
Michael Mastrocola’s MillenniuM Travel LLC (MillenniuM Travel) acts as a sales agent for any airline, hotel, car-rental company, tour operator, cruise line, or other service provider named in your itinerary (“Suppliers”). MillenniuM Travel is not responsible for acts or omissions of the Suppliers, their failure to provide services or adhere to their own schedules, their failure to pay any refund, or for any personal injury, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be caused by any party not under MillenniuM Travel’s control. MillenniuM Travel assumes no responsibility for and shall not be liable for any refund, personal injury, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be caused by: (1) any defaults, wrongful or negligent acts, or omissions of the Suppliers; (2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, craft, equipment, or instrumentality owned, operated, or otherwise used or provided by the Suppliers; or (3) any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under MillenniuM Travel’s control. You hereby release MillenniuM Travel from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph.
You acknowledge and understand that cruise lines, tour operators, and other Suppliers have their own contracts covering cancellation penalties and other terms and conditions, and that you may be bound by those contracts regardless of whether you receive notice of their terms.
MillenniuM Travel has no special knowledge regarding the financial condition of the Suppliers,, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes at locations to which you may travel. For information concerning possible dangers at destinations, MillenniuM Travel recommends contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or www.travel.state.gov. For medical information, MillenniuM Travel recommends contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or www.cdc.gov/travel. You assume full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of your destination(s), and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at such destination(s). You hereby release MillenniuM Travel from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph, and to submit all other claims against us within 30 days after the return of your trip. You agree that the courts in Monterey County, CA will be the exclusive jurisdiction for all claims brought by you or MillenniuM Travel, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
Should any circumstance make it desirable or necessary to change the planned itinerary, sightseeing and/or events, such change may be made and additional expense, if any, caused thereby, will be borne by you. Should we deem it advisable to withdraw or cancel this or any advertised trip, the return of all monies paid by you to us shall release us from all liability with respect to the trip. We reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person with respect to the trip or any part thereof. No refunds will be made for absences from the trip.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance for all portions of your trip. We also strongly recommend that you use a credit card for your purchase, so that you can exercise your rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act if you do not receive the services you purchased.
By accepting your invoice or itinerary, you hereby agree to release MillenniuM Travel from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this paragraph, to submit all other claims within 30 days after the return of your trip, and to litigate exclusively in the courts in Monterey County, California.
AGREEMENT FOR WEBSITE USERS AND TRAVELERS
When you use this website, you agree to the following terms, and you agree to convey the contents of this Agreement to your traveling family members or companions:
- Responsibility: Michael Mastrocola’s MillenniuM Travel LLC (MillenniuM Travel) (“We”) act as an agent for the airlines, tour operators, cruiselines lodging providers, car-rental companies, ground operators, and any other suppliers of travel services shown on your itinerary. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of such suppliers or their subcontractors or their failure to provide services, adhere to their own schedules, or honor their contracts.
- Hazards: We have no special knowledge regarding foreign entry requirements, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, supplier bankruptcies, or the suitabi1ity for disabled persons of any portion of any tour. For foreign entry requirements, go to http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html. For State Department travel advisories, go to http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html. For foreign health requirements and dangers, go to http://www.cdc.gov/travel/index.htm. You hereby release us from any claims resulting in whole or in part from any problem covered in this paragraph and any other causes not within our control, and to submit all other claims against us within 30 days after the return of your trip.
- Limitation of Refunds: All airlines impose cancellation and change penalties up to 100% for many discount rickets. All tour operators, cruiselines, and some resort hotels impose cancellation and change penalties, too. Please view the applicable rules before you make your reservation.
- Delays: Flight delays are very common today. If your flight is delayed for any reason, the airlines are not required by law to pay for your en route expenses, such as meals, hotels, taxis, and phone calls.
- Check Your Itinerary: As soon as you receive your booked itinerary, check it thoroughly to make sure it is correct as to dates, times, fares, and rates.
- Reconfirmation: Schedule changes are quite common today. We urge you to re-check exact flight times prior to departure and prior to your return.
- Package Trips: If you book a trip, we must collect the tour operator, resort or cruise line’s deposit when reservations are made. The amount of the deposit, the refund allowed, and the times for canceling vary according to the tour operator or cruise line. We do not endorse or recommend any particular tour operator or cruise line; our role is strictly limited to facilitating the booking. After you finish your booking, we will send you any agreement required by the travel services supplier, along with a request that you sign that agreement and return it to us. In the event of any inconsistency between that agreement and this agreement, the latter shall govern.
- Charter Trips: If your package trip involves a charter flight, or if your vacation involves an air-only charter flight, federal regulations require that you also sign the charter operator’s participant agreement, which will be mailed to you. It is extremely important that you realize that, for charters
- Departure times (both going and returning) can change at the last minute. These delays legally can be as much as 48 hours (approximately two days late).
- Your flight may be advertised as non-stop; however, the operator may legally change the routing and make intermediate stops at the last minute.
- The charter operator may legally-substitute types of aircraft and even airline at the last minute. Charter aircraft are generally not as comfortable as the scheduled aircraft.
- The charter operator generally takes no responsibility for baggage It is not unusual to have luggage misplaced.
- Charter trips have very stiff cancellation penalties. No one plans a trip with the idea of canceling; however, sometimes that becomes necessary and you must understand what to expect or not to expect in the way of refunds.
- Usually, no frequent flyer miles are accrued.
- Advance seat assignments are frequently not available.
- Final Payment: For all vacation trips, you must have made full payment before we release the tickets or documents.
- Non-Use of Coupons: In the event that you purchase a ticket or tickets containing flight coupons that you mayor may not use, we do not guarantee that the airline will honor the ticket or tickets, and you agree to indemnify us against airline claims for the difference between the full fare for your actual itinerary and the value of the ticket that you purchased.
- Foreign Currency: Currency rates quoted on this website are based on various publicly available sources. Rates are not verified as accurate, and actual rates may vary.
- Information on Website: You agree not to use or authorize the use of this information for any purpose other than personal use, and not to engage or authorize anyone to engage in the resale, redistribution, and use of the information on this website for commercial purposes. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us and/or our suppliers. Any software that is on this website including HTML codes and software made available to download from this website (“Software”) is our copyrighted work or the copyrighted work of our suppliers or 1icensors. [Insert product names] are our trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Power of Attorney: As our client, you hereby appoint the us to be your attorneys-in-fact for the purpose of signing all documents necessary to purchase and issue airline tickets, tours, cruises, and hotel guarantees for late arrival. You authorize any of the attorneys-in-fact to sign credit card authorizations for said purchases whenever any of them receives an Internet booking request reasonably believed to be from you or someone acting on your behalf, requesting those tickets be charged to this credit card account. You agree that you will pay for all such purchases and will not hold us responsible for any of our actions pursuant to this power of attorney.
- Exclusive Jurisdiction: All suits in connection with, or incident to, this Agreement shall be litigated, if at all, in the courts of the Country of United States, State of Monterey, Monterey County, to the exclusion other courts of any other state.
- NO WARRANTIES: THE CONTENT, CODE, ACCESS, AND OTHER FEATURES OF THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY SUCH FEATURES WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR IN AN ERROR-FREE FASHION, THAT DEFECTS \WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES: IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS AND COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY CONTENT OR FEATURES, OR YOUR FAILURE TO ACCESS OR CLICK-THRU ACCESS ANY CONTENT OR FEATURES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.